- Prepare a directory on your server that is empty. It can be a sub-directory, domain root or a sub-domain.
- Unpack the install archive to the prepared sub-directory, domain root or a sub-domain.
- Grant writing permissions for Apache on the installation directory and all its subdirectories and files.
- Navigate to the install.php script in your web browser.
- Follow the installer instructions.
If you have installed the script to a subdirectory, you will need to edit the file .htaccess and uncomment the following:
# Uncomment if your site is not located in the root RewriteBase /subdirectory/