Troubleshoot Server 500 Error
On some hosting environments you can face the Internal Error 500 after installation. There could be different reasons of this issue but all of them are caused the non-conformity between the hosting settings and PHPR requirements.
Here are some hints which can help you in troubleshooting the error 500:
- Check whether the mod_rewrite Apache module is enabled on your hosting server. Usually the module is enabled on all modern paid hosting servers.
- Check whether the AllowOverride All option is enabled in the httpd.conf file for the script directory. Usually the option is enabled on CPanel-based hostings for all directories.
- Try to comment the following line in the .htaccess file in the script root directory:
# RewriteBase /
If this will not help, please uncomment the line again.
- Look into the Apache error log. If you use a CPanel-based hosting, you can access the error log via the CPanel Logs/Error Log page. Find errors which refer to the script installation directory. They can help you to find the problem.
- If the error log contains the following message “SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File”your_ozlancer_dir/index.php" is writeable by group", change permissions on the index.php file to 755. Also please change the FILE_PERMISSIONS parameter value in the config.php file to 0755:
$config['file_permissions'] = 0755;
- If nothing helps, contact our support team. Try the Support Forum and report the Apache error messages if it is possible.